To celebrate “10 Years Together,” the Invasive Species Centre is launching an awards program. The awards will be given annually and will recognize and celebrate the leadership and commitment of individuals or organizations who help keep Canada’s land and water free from invasive species. The core award categories will recognize individuals or organizations who champion and demonstrate values of excellence, innovation, and leadership in invasive species prevention and management in Canada.
We encourage you to nominate exceptional people and organizations in Canada who walk the walk on invasive species so that we can all celebrate their achievements together. Self-nominations are accepted and welcome!
Award winners will be announced at the virtual 2022 Annual Invasive Species Forum, taking place on February 1-3, 2022. The theme of this year’s forum is Action, Innovation, and Outreach. We hope to see you there!
The Career Achievement Award:
The individual or organization who will receive the Career Achievement Award will meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates high value and high-quality results over a long-term period (20 years or more)
- Contributions to invasive species prevention and management in Canada are significant and sustained through outstanding and long-lasting achievement
The Innovation Award:
The individual or organization who will receive The Innovation Award will meet the following criteria:
- Has moved a creative idea to a practical reality, thereby transforming or improving invasive species prevention and management in Canada
- Has made substantive and enduring outcomes through the skillful application of novel and useful ideas
The Leadership Award
The individual or organization who will receive The Leadership Award will meet the following criteria:
- Champions and breaks ground, leading and thereby transforming or improving invasive species prevention and management in Canada
- Has created meaningful and long-lasting impact in their communities through their forward-thinking and dedication
The Young Professional Award
The individual who will receive The Young Professional Award will meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 19 and 40 practicing in the field of invasive species
- Has demonstrated outstanding achievement early on in their career through their contributions to address invasive species issues
To receive an Invasive Species Centre Award, the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Canada or be a registered business/non-profit in Canada
- Not be an Invasive Species Centre employee
How to Nominate
To make a nomination, information for both the nominator and the nominee is needed. We ask for contact information (name, email, phone number), as well as a description of why you are nominating them in approximately 1000 words.
We suggest that your nomination reflects on the nominee’s presence in the IS community, work that they have done or are presently doing, and their dedication.
Nominations are now closed. Thank you to all those who made a submission.
Submissions are provided to an independent panel of judges and include an instruction not to share with third parties. Note: All information in the submission may be used in publications unless otherwise instructed or marked as “confidential” on the submission form. The independent judging panel assess and score each submission according to the criteria of the applicable category. Judges’ scores are aggregated to produce a single Winner in each category. Winners will be announced and celebrated at the awards ceremony on February 1, 2022, and on this website. They may also be featured in media coverage.
For any questions about the ISC Awards, please contact email@example.com.